Friday 25 October 2013

Day 9

I woke up this morning with a temperature of 37.8c. Juat to make sure I asked them to check my other ear with the temperature ear probes that they use and it was showing 38c. So we discarded that measurement as I had been lying on that ear. They were obviously worried about any infection, but luckily within an hour my temperature has reverted to normal.

Just to be on the safe side the doctor wants to check out my lungs, in case I had a slight lung infection. When Rosalind had to do this they put masks and gloves on her and wheeled her down to the basement of kings hospital. Instead here a charming operative turned up with a portable x-ray machine and took my x-ray within two or three minutes. But Barbara is running a temperature so she was not able to come in to see me today. My son simon came in and after the usual quick update,  we did some important things... That is we watched several episodes of blackadder.

I have three slight rashes, one on my face, one on my chest, and one on my groin. My sons are happy though, as my hair is falling out now by the bunch load. I will get them to shave it all off as soon as they can so that I do not wake up breathing in my own hair. Pictures to come...

The transplant nurse popped in and was hopeful that I might be out in the next ten to twelve days... But who knows. 

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery! - from American girl with a dad battling MDS.

    ReplyDelete