Thursday 10 October 2013

Day - 7

Well I am admitted. The ward facilities are fantastic. The room is large with a great ensuite

The chair seems fine, the bed is a bit short for me, the table is great as it slots under bed or in front of the chair, it can be tilted to give a good angle for your laptop.

The smart tv and X box  appear great. The tv and bbc iplayer work well, but the X box beat my skills, and those of my grandchildren to get it to work. Also most of the cool facilities of the Smart TV require an internet connection, which nobody seems to have make work!

The doctors and nurses are excellent. I have had my line cleaned and re-dressed, and have been given chemo, anti sick, anti fungil, anti DVT, anti tax man injections/infusions/ tablets as appropriate

Barbara was in until 8:00. Roz and the grandchildren came in for an hour or so- which was lovely. The kids can come until  my neutrophils drop below .5 in a few days

I feel fine at the moment. Well good night for now, and thanks for all the good wishes from around the world.

Now back to drinking several litres a day, unfortunately mainly water



1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard,

    Good to see that you are settling in! We will both be down to visit you soon.
    And join you for a pint.... of water!!! Cheers to that!
    Thinking of you very much...
    Best wishes and much love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete