Monday 28 October 2013

Day 12

On day 10, I was delighted to hear that my platelets had gone up so this is the first indication that the new stem cells are doing their thing. On the down side I had a couple of temperature spikes and the usual runs. Simon and Jaanika visited for the last time before returning to Estonia and Robert and Jessica came in later.

My sons were delighted that I ha shaved my head, and looked more like they did - until they realised that mine would go back

Day 11 even more platelets, haemoglobin  level stabilizing at 10.8 and the first neutrophils turned up - not a lot, but measurable at 0.04 (as I said, not many!) - and another day of temperature spikes. Robert and Jessica visited before heading back to London before the predicted bad storm caused travel disruption. Rosalind was in early then off to sort out sandbags, Barbara came in later after sorting out various lines of sandbags around farm buildings.

Day 12 - high temperatures again (38.7 C) It was great seeing my consultant again, as she had been off ill for a week. She thought I was doing really well. My blood results today gave total white count at 1 with neutrophils at 0.2. Good stuff these new cells. 
When the ward visit came around, one prof, one consultant, and registrar , the prof said that was not a high temperature in our terms, and that I am doing well

No comments:

Post a Comment