Saturday 19 October 2013

Day 3 after transplant

All things considered the doctor says I am doing well, mainly because I haven't had an elevated temperature or infection yet. However, I will have been on drips for 9 hours by supper time. These include K and Mg and the usual range of anti rejection, antiviral, anti fungal and anti sickness drugs. And surprise, surprise I am still retaining too much fluid so my feet, legs and trunk are all a bit bloated. So I am also having diuretics to keep me seeing plenty. Coffee is actually diuretic but I can't face that at the moment. Currently my platelets are at 30, my neutrophils are zilch but my haemoglobin is still quite reasonable so I haven't needed a blood transfusion yet. My concentration level isn't very high and my conversation level is boring (nothing new there then).

Roz has been busy all day running a felting course at the farm.

1 comment: