Wednesday 30 October 2013

Day 14

Another day of mainly ups and a few downs 

Ups

My neutrophils are now a massive 1.5  !! And working hard
Platelets are at a normal 300+
Haemoglobin counts will need a few more days
The stitches for my Hickman line were removed and no sign of infection - I may need it for another 6-8 months
Acyclovir is going to be switched from IV ( intravenous ) to tablets
My weight is back down to normal 
I ate a cooked breakfast
Barbara brought in some nice chocolates   and fruit chewy sweets
She also read my book to me until I fell asleep

Downs
I could not face lunch, and 10 minutes later brought up every thing I had eaten that day
My muscles are going thin and wasted looking in areas
I had two severe attacks of gout overnight. My nurse and I figured the only  thing we could do was to use an ice bath for my foot. They had no footbaths, but found a cardboard disposable bottle bath, big enough for my foot to fit diagonally. There was no ice though! They searched high and low. So I suggested lollipops. In the end we also used a small ice pack and a frozen drink

In general a very positive day

No comments:

Post a Comment