Wednesday 3 December 2014

Steroids seem to be working

I'm After two full days of intravenous steroids the higher liver readings have come down by 20%. A long way to go but it's in the right direction. The other two readings are a bit better.

After a week they will gradually wean me off the heavy duty stuff. Meanwhile they are monitoring for all the post transplant issues again eg CMV virus and putting me on other drugs that I was on at the time.

I feel fine, other than the steroids stop you sleeping and I have only had a couple of hours sleep each night. Meanwhile I have to keep away from snotty nosed kids, mucky farm work, no alcohol and nothing to make my liver work any harder.  Apart from that I can do most anything - so we are going out for a meal tonight with some friends

This is Bittaford railway bridge last night nearby, designed by Brunel

No comments:

Post a Comment