Wednesday 10 December 2014

Officially acute GVF now

The results today went back up  to the plateau it had got to on Sunday. So the consultant wants to progress to treat it with a plan C as well as the plan A (steroids) and B (the big nasty jab once a week - entanercipt - a cytokine blocker that stops the donors cells attacking my liver so hard)

There are lots of alternative ways of treating acute and chronic GVF, but hardly any world wide better on when they work and do not, effects etc. I am now on the research programme😉

The plan
1. They had lowered the steroid dose, from high to a bit lower to wean me off it. Instead they will go back to full dose for another few days, as I seem to cope well with it
2. The entanercipt is due again on Saturday. That will be brought forward a day

These actions might have the desired result

3. Meanwhile they are looking at C This could be filtering my blood and irradiating it, which will remove other donor cells physically which are currently harming me. This is additive so should help. Unfortunately this has to be done in Birmingham, so they are trying to set that up for mid next week. This is not on NHS unless I was chronic- but should not cost too much as its only a day case half day treatment 

Meanwhile some CMV and other viruses have reared their heads, so medication may be added to sort them out - just like after my original transplant- been there done that got the Tshirt. 

Anyway I am still feeling well which is a great sign, and we are going out to dinner with friends tonight


No comments:

Post a Comment