Thursday 18 December 2014

A bit of good cheer

What a lovely surprise

After yesterday's horrid photos of my yellow eyes, hopefully something more
pleasing!!
This evening in the ward we were entertained by carol singers - a real
treat. They gave permission to put it on the BLOG. The patients stuck in
high intensity cells loved it.

Today I have just been monitored and all the usual tablets, and intravenous
stuff. They have lowering my dose of steroids, and of a couple of other
things. Counts are stable or a bit down in last two days

The special stem cells they gave me yesterday will take 4 to 7 days to
determine whether doing a good thing - Yep Christmas day when everywhere is
short staffed
I am lined up for a second dose start January - with a long shot date of
between Christmas and New Year  - so that if it is working well they will
hit it again. Normal protocol, but delayed a week.
I will not be going to Kings, should I need to, until the new year. But they
are all set to receive if needed
Next step is to get me off intravenous steroids tomorrow, check out levels
of other drugs and is charge me home tomorrow evening. I will then get the
weekend off, self-medicating and testing.

Next week I will probably have to go in for tests and some of the week time
intrusiveness stuff  - but that is no problem - a three hours per day and I
should be able to drive myself in and back

Pippin my 10 month old  sheep dog is going mad at home without exercise -
so I hope to take both dogs out and give them a good run each day and work
the sheep. Josh, our top dog is just looking sad. Anyway home for the weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment