Tuesday 9 December 2014

Going home again

Well at last the liver results have flattened out and gone down 5 or 10%.
So the doctors are happy that the special horrid injection they gave me for tackling the GVH disease that was not reacting well to the steroids is doing its job.

And the rash is still fading. Besides tired from steroid endured lack of sleep I feel fine. Looking forward to fresh food, my own bed and family. All the children will be here later in the week as it happens, so that is something nice to look forward to

I will now be able to go to a Christmas dinner party on Wednesday evening, which we have been looking forward to.

Mind you it is not over yet. I continue as a day case each day, including the weekends, for tests, infusions of steroids, some other anti-fungal intravenous drip, and of course another of those big doses of anti GVH stuff on Friday

I will be reviewed each day when the liver results are back - so they can react if things go pare shaped again 
All packed to go home

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to hear the good news. Hope you recover well at home. Love Sara and Les

    ReplyDelete