Tuesday 16 December 2014

Next phase GVH lowering campaign happening now

I am being admitted into Derriford for the special "knock down the GVH" - (hopefully) stem cell treatment, which they will start tomorrow and Wednesday

If that goes well I will be down in Kings in the next few days for the treatment of my blood with high intensity uv light, which should be complimentary

To prove they are serious, (or just to annoy me 😊) they have just taken a whole lot of extra blood samples (13 sample bottles !) to send to Kings. And this is after 4 bottles this morning for local use - so that will keep my ferritin level nice and low

So I guess they are serious about me being down there soon

From your friendly reporter at Derriford hospital, Devon, in the United Kingdom

1 comment:

  1. Hello Richard. I wouldn't be surprised if when you have a cup of tea today, you spring a leak from the 17 puncture sites they have had to make in you! I am really glad that they have been able to treat this and hope that all goes well and that you and your family have as merry a Christmas as is possible and a needle free 2015. Look after each other. Mrs Murray blog follower.

    ReplyDelete