Thursday 25 December 2014

Stable and a long haul

My counts have had another minor improvement but we are not expecting it to get much better quickly

However my consultant is very satisfied that we will get out of this. The consultant says that it will be a long haul, which I interpreted probably a couple of months of special treatment with gradual improvements. 

The important Generic stem cells may be helping a lot. Their maximum affect is normally 5 - 9 days, so on Saturday we will check them carefully

I have to drink loads to keep flushing the poisons out of my liver. NOT alchol infotunely - so A dry Christmas for me.

So on Saturday I go in for a couple of the major treatments which I would normally have on Friday. The consultant is fine tuning the drugs every couple of days to balance side effects Vs benefit Vs impact on other drugs - so it will be changing

We are continuing to reduce the steroids slowly, as I have been taking it for too long because of its negative effects. 

On third January I have the second dose of the Generic stem cells, after which they can decide if I need the treatment in Kings

I still feel well in my self but the family is very tired and we are looking forward to a few days of gentle enjoyment over Chritmas with just Rosalind and the children and the two of us.

The children have just put out the reindeer food and started hanging up stockings and pillow cases

So have a very Happy Christmas as I am sure we will

Best wishes 

No comments:

Post a Comment