Saturday 20 August 2011

Second tranche of Azacitadine seems to be very successful

I finished my jabs. The ones on Thursday were not nice as we hit blood vessels and nerves - so it took four goes and left bruises and highly inflamed areas across my stomach. However the evening primrose oil reduced the irritation and redness very nicely. You have to be very philosophical about jabs.

They took my bloods, and my neutrophils were 1.6, which is great. So I was able to go out for a meal with Barbara last night, I can eat salads again, go to the shops, etc.

The other big advantage of the 1.6 reading was that I could come off the daily antibiotics and anti-fungal treatment I have been on while my neutrophils were so low. The anti-fungal stuff tastes horrid and makes you feel nauseous all the time - so I feel a lot better.

No more treatment for three weeks, other than blood tests every Friday

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for maintaining this very comprehensive blog, its extremely useful
    Jan

    ReplyDelete