Monday 1 August 2011

Next tranche of Azacitadine is delayed a week

I went in to Plymouth Hospital early today for a blood test, and then as long as my nuetrophils were .3 or better I was to have my next tranche of Azacitadine.

Unfortunately they were lower at .2, so I have to be even more careful and wait a week. The Consultant said I had very few Neutrophils, and what I had were not much cop! (I para-phrase slightly)

I also have a nasty rash around my neck due to being out for three hours on Sunday, in cloudy conditions. He thinks it is both a reaction to the Sun through the clouds and to the sun cream (factor 50) that I had put on. I wore a hat for the last hour. This is one of the side effects of Haemochromotosis and other things. So I am monitoring the effect of different creams - what a pain.
So the net effect is
  • Go no where with crowds
  • Keep out of the sun - or protect with better sun blocking clothes
  • Get better sun cream
  • Wait a week

No comments:

Post a Comment