Tuesday 9 August 2011

OK lets try some GCSF

Given my .neutrophils are at .1 and they need to be at least at .3 before my AZT can restart, what can be done?

Well the Consultants at Derriford and Kings had a chat and decided to give me some GCFS. This is by way of an subcutaneous injection - guess where? Well in the dartboard I used to call a stomach, which is used for all the AZT jabs. I actually do not mind too much as long as I can tell them where to do it.
 
Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, GCSF stimulates the survival, proliferation,  and function of new neutrophils and mature ones. G-CSF stimulates the bone marrow to release granulocytes and stem cells into the blood, and hopefully up my counts

Ros had GCSF after her stem cell transplant to accelerate the production of her donor cells

If this works, by Thursday, after a blood test, I will have my next lot of AZT - for two days,  a weekend break and then five more days. If not they might try another GCFS jab on Friday and test again on Monday.

Well the good thing is I get to meet lost of nice people in the waiting area and Barbara and I play lots of Scramble (no time limit version) - a word game on the I-Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment