Wednesday 26 June 2013

Feeling a lot better and getting around

Rosalind is getting ready to go to France for a few days with some friends. Her counts are now good enough to get normal insurance.

I went to the Fracture clinic and they took off my leg plaster from the cow fracas. They also re-checked the X Rays, and now believe that I had been luckier than I thought - ie there appears to be no break on re-examination. It had been the right thing to do to err on the side of caution. I now have a snazzy plastic boot leg protector on. This means that I can just about walk without crutches and even carry things - cool. So its ice packs on the heavily bruised parts of both legs - 20 minutes a time.

Meanwhile I had bloods, which showed I had used up a lot of hemoglobin and platelets repairing my bruised body, so the consultant decided not to give me the last two dose of Azacitadine and just let my body recover.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Richard,
    Very pleased to learn you are less battered than you feared and hope you keep making good progress. We have arrived with Clare and today are visiting Ann, Clare's friend, who breeds Bazadaise cattle. Her web address is hardhillock-cattle.co.uk. I kept away from the cows but the bulls seemed friendly!
    Very best wishes from Barbara and Gordon.

    ReplyDelete