Wednesday 10 July 2013

Clinic

Rosalind is very well and came to help on Saturday when we had the ward around for a walk around the farm and BBQ

I had clinic today. My blood counts are not brilliant, but OK and so I will start another bout of chemo next Monday. The consultant thought my body is not going to stand full strength chemo for many more months. Then I have another bone marrow tests before deciding which protocol to follow for a transplant

Donors
Seemingly I am bog standard Anglo Saxon and there are 'loads' of potential donors on the books. Three people are having detailed tests done and we should have a positive outcome in the next 2 to 3 weeks. So it was a good thing having a mum and dad from Sheffield all those years ago.

So the 99% likelihood is that I will be an inpatient in Bracken ward ( the new transplant ward) in September either having

1. Preconditioning chemo before a bone marrow transplant in October
2. Or if my blasts are fully under control with the Azacitidine, then straight into a transplant in September

Meanwhile we have made loads of hay today

No comments:

Post a Comment