Tuesday 16 July 2013

Possibly last dose of Azacitadine

The transplant nurse told me I have a choice of two donors, both with 100% match. One is in late twenties and the other early forties.  So this is great news, if a bit scary that I have no real choice but to go through such a risky process. 

I am on Azacitidine for 7 days, which might be the last dose I have if the bone marrow tests shows very low blasts and if the transplant can be arranged for early Sept. But it is possible they might give me one more dose, just to keep the blasts down if scheduled for later. Or, I might have preconditioning chemo. The Prof and my consultant will decide in a few weeks

Meanwhile my bruises and sprained ankle from the cow episode are getting better - but I have three or four large areas of  swelling on my legs which might take 4 weeks to be re-absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment