Monday 20 September 2010

Hopefully I will be out in a day or two - and the children came to visit

Hi all

Things are looking up, the doctors have said my bloods are going up and I should be able to go home this week. I will look rather different as my hair is only ½cm long and thin all over but at least I am not completely bald! I have a wig on order, got the nearest thing to my normal mad colour but no curls, so it looks like I have got hair straighteners. Not much else to say other than I will be back in hospital in a couple of weeks to potentially go through this all again before my last lot of chemo with the transplant itself, just hope my plan to be home by Christmas still happens.

One of the best things about today was that I am off the antibiotic drugs - these take three hours twice a day. So take lots of books or watch the TV / DVDs

Being able to leave is because my neutrophils have improved from .001 (ie non existent) up to .3 today (Hooray). When I came in they were at .8, but were wiped out by the chemo, so my bone marrow has been working hard to re-create them. I think the magic number to be dis-charged is .5

The other thing that cheered me up was that Alex and Isabel came to visit on Saturday and Sunday - we had to meet in the lounge area near the main ward door, as they are not allowed near the individual rooms or other patients

Picture shows them a couple of weeks before on the farm



See you all soon, I hope.


Regards
Roz



Sent from Roz, using Dad's account

1 comment:

  1. 0.5! Hooray! You must be longing for the normalcy of your home life. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete