Tuesday 19 July 2011

My Azacitidine is working and Rosalind is to have another topup

A couple of bits of good news

My Azacitidine was supposed to hit my blood count values hard about now to be doing its job properly - well it seems to have done so - lowering my platelets, neutrophil and other counts. This is basically hitting the components that are producing bad cells. It means I have to avoid crowds for a while, but that is no problem. My other side effects, besides fatigue, have all gone away. I am however managing to get quite a lot done, in between tranches of work having to sit down for 45 minutes or so. After another 10 days or so, the counts should improve again, hopefully with better cells

Rosalind heard from Kings that she is to go up there for a stem cell (bone marrow) top-up - which is what we hoped would be the next step. Then she and the family hope to get a week off on holiday

What a change can happen in a week - a bit of a roller coaster. Now that is a good idea for a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment