Wednesday 13 July 2011

Azacitidine - end of first bought


I have got through the first 7day bought of Azacitidine reasonably well. My kidneys got hit a bit for a couple of days – but are back to normal. I also got very bad constipation and felt awful for 36 hours – even though I was eating prunes and figs – but some Senna tablets soon sorted that out. Strangely my neutrophils went up a bit – possibly in reaction to having a bit of a cold on Sunday, and my other counts are fine.

So now I am feeling OK – a bit nauseous and tired. I suspect the main effect will be in a couple of days. My stomach looks like a pin cushion with 14 large red areas all the way across.

So I have a blood test every week, another bought of Azacitidine every 4 weeks until October or so, and check-ups with my Consultant when I need them – assuming all goes to plan.

Rosalind is going in to see the Consultant this afternoon - so we are hoping the news from Kings will have come, and be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment