Thursday 7 November 2013

Day 21 Discharged home & Day 22 At home

Day 21
I have been working hard to remove any reasons that were preventing discharge. The gout is easing and I managed to stomach the oral version of my one remaining intravenous drug, plus the sickness is under better control again.

After the entourage of doctors had examined me they asked me if any of the other doctors had told me when I might go home? I asked them when they thought I ought to be going home? So the senior doctor said anytime really! We discussed alternatives then agreed that today would be fine (I.e. Day 21).

Minor panic ensued as Barbara couldn't be available until late afternoon as there was a group of students visiting the farm, a sick ram awaiting the vet and a new rare-breed Portland ram arriving sometime in the afternoon. Roz was happy to bring me home but was having difficulty getting hold of friends to pick up the children from school. Persistence paid off, the children were sorted then we had to wait for a big bag of drugs, discharge papers, and a wheel chair. Roz had to do three or four trips to the car with bags of my stuff. When we at last got out we had the last four bags - which was strange as we only came in with four bags !!! I said my goodbyes and then FREEDOM after four weeks of encasement!!
The dogs were pleased to see me, when they realised who I was!!


Day 22
I am sleeping better, eating and drinking better, my gout is nearly under control, temperature still up and down a bit, Barbara has me organised on pills and potients 
Tomorrow I have to be in the DayCase unit by 9:00 am to got various tests and monitoring. If needed I will get drips or what ever the results suggest

1 comment:

  1. anxious to hear how its all going now that you are home

    ReplyDelete