Thursday 8 August 2013

A Leg up

Yesterday I had an ex marine health expert aged 70, examine my lumps over the bruises with a scanner. He then used mechanical massage and gentle electric currents to try and break up the scar tissue. This let the blood get in and repair the damage. Using ice causes the blood capilleries to close and reopen, again stimulating repair by my blood. Obviously I had to wait until my blood counts were good enough to respond to this stimulation

He also used shock wave technology to stimulate repair of my sprained ankle and ligaments. 

Today I had a medium deep leg massage on my legs to promote the same reaction

I have also taken up speed walking, using large ball based exercises, co trolled deep breathing, gentle push-ups and light weights to get my heart and lungs fitter. For the speed walking I go 1/2 mile up hill to a field with sheep in, give my sheep dogs some training and then come back. And tonight Roz is bring a couple of wind instruments over so that i can try and play one of the clarinets to exercise my lungs 

After the massage, I was told to drink lots of water and would feel tired. So I had the drinks and went out wrapping silage bales with a JCB telehandler

No comments:

Post a Comment