Friday 29 April 2011

Precautions in everyday things

Things that have become second nature now include careful selection of food that we eat, very frequent washing of hands, cleaning anything we do not trust with antibiotic wipes - e.g. handles on supermarket trolleys.

Rosalind and the family had a lovely few days holiday including going to the zoo near their hotel in Hampshire. We really think the short hair suits her.


Lambing has poised some new challenges this year for Barbara and me. With a low neutrophil count I have to be very careful with dust, straw, fluids from animals, animals with diseases, etc. This means a few things I just do not do at all if others are around. Otherwise I do them with protective clothing, and the rest I just get on with and strip wash and wash my clothes later (in that order). At the end of  the day if a ewe needs to be lambed at 3:00 a.m. and the weak lambing needs care and attention then I just get on with it.


I remember when I first met Prof Mufti and he said 'You know we do treat farmers as well!'  At this time of the year we are like a very busy maternity ward.

Oh and we started calving a few days ago.

And we had a School Party around a couple od days ago to show them all about 'where their food comes from' and help with lambing

No comments:

Post a Comment