Tuesday 9 November 2010

Almost human

I have had quite a rough time and couldn’t even face turning the computer on let along do anything else. The conditioning chemo you receive prior to the transplant itself was much tougher this time. I had several day when I was sick had no energy and felt very low. 

I am feeling more human again today. I actually managed to eat some chocolate!!!

Its hard to believe that a couple of days ago, that I felt like I wanted them to put me down, or get them to make me go to sleep until it was all over.

But now that the sickness has mainly subsided, I have become more interested in life again - including taking the Micky out of my dad. I must be a bit better.

I had the actual transplant five days ago, a bit of an anti-climax as it is simply an infusion like a blood transfusion and is over in less than an hour. It is fed in through the hickman line and that’s it. There are still loads of drugs to take to stop rejection and minimise infection etc.. Now it is a matter of waiting for the new bone marrow to settle in and begin working, in the mean time they top you up with anything which gets low and monitor you for infections.


Food is still an issue though.

Love Roz

Photo is Roz chatting to Simon in Iceland on Skype

No comments:

Post a Comment