Tuesday 5 October 2010

Transplant date is set

Well I had packed my bags ready to stay in hospital for my second bout of chemo, Dad had come along to keep me company this week, only to be told by the consultant that I didn't need it! My blast levels have gone down to 2% so the first lot of chemo has done all the work. So I get three weeks at home before I go into hospital for the transplant and hopefully be home for Christmas, which was my original goal. The kids are thrilled as am I. The funny thing is that my white blood cell count is higher that it has been since I had my diagnosis last October, much to dad's annoyance as mine are now twice what his are but we are both still under the norm. We constantly compare our blood results, like most MDS patients, and brag about who has the best results even though we both have below normal counts.

The wig has gone down well, most of my friends thought it was my real hair but straightened. Of course various family members have tried it on. Isabel thought it was really funny having mummy's hair on and Robert, well you can see for yourself his appearance is much improved! It makes him look more like he belongs in the film Wayne's World!

Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment