Monday 2 February 2015

Après 'flu

I was finally allowed home on 25th January. The medical and nursing staff did a terrific job keeping me alive because I was admitted with vicious diarrhoea, but not satisfied with that I managed to develop parainfluenza and full blown type A 'flu. Just as they were hoping they could send me home I went a bit 'doolally' so I lots more tests which showed some 'flu particles had got into the cerebrospinal fluid - not a good idea!

Meantime the graft versus host disease has be brought nicely under control although I will have to keep on with all the medication for some time.

It will take a while to build up my strength again. First trip back to the day care ward I was pushed in in a wheelchair (well pulled actually) by Barbara; next visit I walked slowly with a stick and a shoulder to lean on; today I got there under my own steam. I have been told I have to get back in shape by April ready for lambing.

No comments:

Post a Comment