Tuesday 4 November 2014

Fourth birthday for Rosalind

 Four years ago today Rosalind had her transplant in Kings Hospital London. She is very well these days, although has lost some some hair which is either stress related or to do with hormones that she is on. It is a year since her partner has left her and the children, and the last bits of sorting that out were in recent weeks

She is hoping that she might get a part time teaching job, to go with the art workshops etc that she runs - she loves teaching, but could never manage full time again.


I feel a bit rubbish, having got a sore throat, cold, fungal attack in the mouth, ulcers and the odd rash. It could be graft Vs host or the other way around I can never remember which is which - they are doing tests. 
My chimerism has not changed after the stem cell topup, so I expect they will want to do more. It is the first real set back in 10 months, so I cannot complain, and it's not too bad eg I cannot smile or eat other than soft food
The Autumn ( that is "fall" for my American friends) has been lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment