Friday 28 March 2014

Good news, and one less good

Roz is looking good and her clinic today was positive. She is having a chimerism test as normal to prove all is in correct balance ie close to 100% of all cells from donor. She only goes to clinic every three months these days.

I had my clinic on Wednesday. I look well, feel well and blood tests were good. However my last chimerism tests showed showed on one blood type that the % of donor had gone down from 69% to 61% which is less good than going the other way. This could be error levels, minor glitch or anything else. My consultant is not worried, and we agreed that i was OK enough to buy some new heifer cows!!

I will test in a few weeks. If the counts have gone down further they will probably ask my donor for more stem cells for one or more top-ups. This will be frozen until needed.

So overall, its looking good. We are starting to think about a family holiday in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment