Wednesday 22 May 2013

Plan A and B in action

What a shame to have to go into hospital on such a beautiful day.
Roz is doing well, having been running a ceramics project all day Monday at a local school.

I am on plan A - which is basically up the Azacitadine back to full dose each day this week and hope that gets the MDS / blasts in my bone marrow back under control. Certainly I can feel the extra effect of the chemo, as I have had to rest more than on half dose.

I also have a clinic booked for a week on Monday to see the Professor personally, at his request.

Plan B is also in action.  Today they took an extra lot of blood to enable the Anthony Nolan Trust to find a stem cell donor match, in case I need it for a bone marrow transplant.

If you want to donate stem cells it is very easy these days. Go to the Anthony Nolan website to find out how.

 http://www.anthonynolan.org/What-you-can-do/save-a-life.aspx 

No comments:

Post a Comment