Friday 4 November 2011

One year milestone

Rosalind
It is now one year to the day that Ros had her stem cell (bone marrow) transplant. She is looking very well and fit and we just heard that her latest chimerism test had showed a major improvement from a couple of months ago.
Most of her red and other cell types are 100% from her donor - which is great
Her CD3 type was down at 24% donor last time and has gone up to 47% - which is really good news. So she does not need another top up - and will be checked out at Kings in January again

Richard
I had a clinic this week and a bone marrow and blood test. My bloods are all excellent except my neutrophils, which are not bad having gone back up over 1 again, as per the pattern. The consultant is very please at how my body is taking it. So I start my next bought of chemo on Monday and hope to go up to Kings at some point to discuss the longer term with Ros and the Prof

So all good news - we are having a party with a few friends and family on Sunday to celebrate  Ros's one year, Barbara's 65 birthday, good harvest, good herd sale, my health, and to formally wish one of my staff good luck in his retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment