Sunday 12 December 2010

Trip to Kings 7th and 8th Dec

She was a real drag. The doctors recommended that we took Roz by car, given how soon after the transplant it was. Normally that is a 4 1/2 hour journey - it took 8 hours - given M4 closed from junction 3 to 1, and the South Circular being a nightmare.
We both were seen

Richard. I lost another pint of blood, which later Dr Ho said it was a shame I could not have just given it to Roz. My ferritin level has come done a bit more (whihc is good) - so I only need blood letting once every two months now. Shame - I was just getting to know the leeches. He also gave me special antibiotics in case I get a temperature - to keep me going before I can be admitted, presumably to get some intravenously. I also have to have antibiotics when I go to the dentist - all because my immune system is not good. (Neutrophils at .7, instead of normal of above 3 and if they stimulate the white cells to improve the neutrophil level, they might bring on the MDS sooner - so what I have is just fine)

Roz was having blood tests at the same time - seen here coming to see how I was after my leeching.
They said that she was doing fine, and should come back every two weeks, bone marrow tests once a month for a while, and keep going to Derriford when needed in between
The journey home was a bit better - only 6 hours - notice the heavy ice on the plants to the left
Next time we will be OK to go by train - whihc will be much nicer and less stressful

No comments:

Post a Comment